Boxing - Sparring is defined in the gym as full contact striking without a predetermined offense or defense as in drilling exercises. Drilling is defined as light contact exercises with predetermined defense and offense sequences. Mouth piece, head and torso protection, 16ounce Gloves are to be work at all times for drilling and sparring. Contact target areas are from the throat to centerline torso. No legs or back areas are targets.
1. Unless you have registered with the USA Boxing Association through the Gym you can not spar in the gym.
2. If you have not registered you can only drill.
3. You must be 8 years old or older to drill in the gym. You must be the same age to spar in the gym.
4. You must have signed a waiver to drill.
5. You must have trained at least 120 hours or 4 months of attendance of drilling to Spar.
6. Body work is the major emphasis in drilling and sparring so no striking above the top of the neck line.
7. Defense is stressed over offense.
8. You must be able to drill for 9 x 2 min rounds before you will be considered to get registered with the USA Boxing Association as an Athlete.
9. Any adverse an inappropriate comportment in and out of the gym will be cause for you to be expelled from the gym and it’s pugilistic activities.
Submission Grappling- Sparring is defined in the gym as full contact striking without a predetermined offense or defense as in drilling exercises. Drilling is defined as light contact exercises with predetermined defense and offense sequences. Rash gear and mouthpiece is necessary. There is no striking. Submissions are limited to beginners level methods and competence. This will be explained when you train.
Drilling is emphasized until four months or 120 hours of training and conditioning has be obtained. When the athlete is ready to compete in No Gi tournaments drilling will become situation sparring. This is sparring with defined offenses and defenses but with resistance from each partner.
1. No leg submissions.
2. No slamming to the ground for takedowns.
3. Finger nails and toe nails must be filed until they cannot be felt by a partner when they are grabbed.
4. All training is in No Gi until they have trained for 6 months.
5. You will not fight a submission attempt when it is set. You will submit by tapping the person’s body while saying “Tap”!!!!